POSTPONED - Virtual Public Hearing and Notice of Draft Environmental Assessment - US 79 from I-35 to east of FM 1460
Special Notice: TxDOT is postponing this virtual public hearing. We will provide further notice when the hearing has been rescheduled.
The virtual public hearing has been postponed.
Thursday, July 9, 2020 - POSTPONED
The purpose of the public hearing is to receive public comment on the Draft Environmental Assessment and the recommended Build Alternative for improving the US 79 Project between I-35, to east of FM 1460 (A.W. Grimes) in the city of Round Rock, Williamson County, Texas. This notice also advises the public that the draft EA is available for public review. Written or verbal testimony comments must be received on or before 11:59 p.m. on Friday, July 24, 2020, to be a part of the official public hearing record.
The purpose of the project is to improve safety and mobility and accommodate future population growth and land use development in the area. The proposed project includes the following improvements:
- Widening the existing US 79 roadway to add a third travel lane in each direction
- Installing a raised median for safety
- Constructing an underpass at the intersection of US 79 and Mays Street, an overpass at the intersection of US 79 and FM 1460 and altering the US 79/I-35 intersection
- Modifying driveways and access points to improve safety and traffic flow
- Installing shared-use paths on both sides of US 79 to provide improved pedestrian and bicycle accommodations
To participate in the virtual public hearing, review the video on this page starting on July 9, 2020, and provide your comment in the following ways:
- Leave a recorded voicemail at (512) 647-1064 with your verbal testimony starting on Thursday, July 9, 2020, at 9 a.m. The access is available 24-hours a day through Friday, July 24, 2020, at 11:59 p.m.
TxDOT makes every reasonable effort to accommodate the needs of the public. The virtual public hearing presentation will be in English. If you have a special communication accommodation or need for an interpreter, a request can be made. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can also be made to accommodate most needs. Requests should be made at least two business days prior to July 9, 2020, by contacting Patricia Kelly at (512) 659-3230 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that advanced notice is requested as some accommodations may require time for TxDOT to arrange.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 9, 2019, and executed by the Federal Highway Administration and TxDOT.
- Display Ad
- Animated Model
- Animated Model Legend
- Draft Environmental Assessment
- Technical Reports
- Technical Report Amendment (2019)
- Community Impacts Assessment Technical Report (2018)
- Historical Resources Survey Report (2020)
- Water Resources Technical Report (2018)
- Wetland Delineation Report (2018)
- Geologic Assessment (2019)
- Tier I Site Assessment Form (2019)
- Biological Evaluation Form (2019)
- Tier I and Biological Evaluation Attachments (2019)
- Air Quality Technical Report (2019)
- Hazardous Materials Initial Site Assessment (2018)
- Traffic Noise Analysis Technical Report (2019)
- Indirect Impacts Technical Report (2018)
- Cumulative Impacts Technical Report (2020)
- Public Meeting Documentation (2017)
- Public Meeting Documentation (2018)
- Right of Way Documents
TxDOT Austin District
P.O. Box 15426
Austin, TX 78761-5426
Posted: June 9, 2020