TxDOTCONNECT will help TxDOT work more efficiently and enables us to keep pace with expectations of taxpayers and the traveling public.
The system will include the following features and capabilities:
- Consolidate the functionality of the Design/Construction Information System (DCIS) user interface and the Universal Specification File System (USF)
- Consolidate the functionality of the Right of Way Information System (ROWIS)
- Standardize business processes across the department
- Automate the workflow between stakeholders for project stages and approvals
- Plan, manage and measure transportation programs through the entire lifecycle
- Create audit trails documenting the achievement of significant milestones
- Provide a single source for project data
- Consolidate functionality on up to 40 legacy software systems
- Introduce geospatial mapping functions
- Introduce new reporting capabilities to support decision-making processes
- Make information easier to find, update, share and display
- Reduce dependencies on outdated and isolated systems
Additional capabilities will be introduced with each new system release.
TXDOTCONNECT will be delivered in six releases over the next few years. A multi-release approach allows TxDOT to segment and consolidate the functionality of legacy systems piece-by-piece, so that TxDOT can continue doing business with minimal disruption. End users of TxDOTCONNECT, including external partners, receive ongoing training and support throughout the transition to the new system.
Release 1 of TxDOTCONNECT deployed in early 2019. Release 2 of TxDOTCONNECT is planned for fall of 2019.
Additional TxDOTCONNECT Information