Capabilities and Deployment
TxDOTCONNECT helps TxDOT work more efficiently and enables us to keep pace with expectations of taxpayers and the traveling public.
The system includes the following features and capabilities:
- Consolidate the functionality of the Design/Construction Information System (DCIS) user interface and the Universal Specification File System (USF)
- Consolidate the functionality of the Right of Way Information System (ROWIS)
- Standardize business processes across the department
- Automate the workflow between stakeholders for project stages and approvals
- Plan, manage and measure transportation programs through the entire lifecycle
- Create audit trails documenting the achievement of significant milestones
- Provide a single source for project data
- Consolidate functionality on up to 40 legacy software systems
- Introduce geospatial mapping functions
- Introduce new reporting capabilities to support decision-making processes
- Make information easier to find, update, share and display
- Reduce dependencies on outdated and isolated systems
Additional capabilities will be introduced with each new system release.
TXDOTCONNECT will be delivered in six releases over the next few years. A multi-release approach allows TxDOT to segment and consolidate the functionality of legacy systems piece-by-piece, so that TxDOT can continue doing business with minimal disruption. End users of TxDOTCONNECT, including external partners, receive ongoing training and support throughout the transition to the new system.
Release 1 of TxDOTCONNECT deployed in early 2019. Release 2 Engineer’s Estimate deployed in October 2019. In June 2020, TxDOTCONNECT launched new functionality, consolidating Right of Way and Utilities project information in a single system, eliminating dual entry and improving collaboration among TxDOT staff and external partners.
In December 2020, TxDOTCONNECT deployed new functionality focused on maintenance projects allowing users to manage these projects in the same application as all other transportation projects.
Additional TxDOTCONNECT Information