Statewide Planning Map
The Statewide Planning Map application contains the following TxDOT maps. (TxDOT's map application performs best with Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 11.0 or better.)
- Council of Governments (COG)
- Control Sections
- Future Traffic Estimates
- Legislative and Congressional Boundaries
- Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPO)
- National Highway System
- Planned Projects
- Texas Trunk System
- Traffic Counts
Disclaimer: Road features can change relatively quickly. Although we try to update information as soon as possible, we are not assuming any responsibility for any damages or inaccuracies if you rely on it. We offer no warranty that this application is accurate or complete. The information shown is for informational purposes and may not have been prepared for or be suitable for legal, engineering, or surveying purposes. It does not represent an on-the-ground survey and represents only the approximate relative location of property boundaries. By clicking on "I Accept," I agree to these conditions.
- The default view that displays whenever the application is launched shows the entire state with the TxDOT districts outlined in green.
- To zoom in, double click on the map or press the + button (top left side of map).
- To zoom out, right click on the map or press the - button (top left side of map).
- To move the map, click and hold the mouse, then drag it as needed.
- To change the map type, select a different option from the Base Maps list (left side of map).
- To overlay data on top of the map, select an option from the Overlays list (left side of map).
- Click the search button to open the search window.
- Choose and click on a layer you would like to search (such as city, county or district).
- Enter the name of the feature you are seeking into the search box.
- After you enter the first three letters/numbers, the search engine will display available options in a list underneath the search box. You can continue to enter the entire name, or you can select from the available options listed.
- You must single-click on one of the listed options to access the information. If you enter "Travis" and then press Enter, you will get no results. You must single-click on "Travis" in the resulting list.
- Use the following format to search for specific roadways, for example FM0010 and IH0035.
- Do not use these formats, for example FM 10 and I-35. They will produce no results.