State Legislative Affairs
State Legislative Affairs is responsible for TxDOT's interactions with the Texas Legislature, the Office of the Governor and other statewide elected officials.
The office's work includes responding to legislative information requests, researching and analyzing policy issues, monitoring relevant legislative hearings and preparing TxDOT's testimony for those hearings. State Legislative Affairs also provides educational briefings to legislative members and staff, prepares transportation materials for legislative visits, tracks legislation and legislative actions, oversees TxDOT's reporting requirements and communicates with experts throughout TxDOT.
Frequently Asked Questions
Transportation Educational Resources
- Current Strategic Plan (2021-2025)
- Performance Results Summary (FY 2020)
- Oversize and Overweight Truck Configuration Library - Final Report (Jan. 2017)
- HB 2612 - Report on the Elimination of Toll Roads (Sept. 2016)
- HB 20 - Preliminary Report (March 2016)
- HB 20 - Initial Report (Sept. 2015)
- Report to Texas Legislature on $100 Million Cost Savings (2015)
- Other Reports Required by Texas Statute