Environmental Statewide Public Involvement Plan
TxDOT employee speaking with people at an archeology event booth.
TxDOT's Environmental Affairs Division is developing and implementing a Statewide Public Involvement Plan to support the Long-Range Transportation Plan. The goals are:
- Educate and raise awareness of what TxDOT does to consider the environment
- Increase public participation in environmental planning, projects and programs
TxDOT will achieve these goals by:
- Researching and assessing best practices in the industry
- Utilizing partnerships and innovative methods and technology to reach more people statewide for their input
- Developing solutions based on research and input that increase public participation in environmental programs and processes
See examples of TxDOT’s environmental work, Beyond The Road.
TxDOT Divisions and Districts are working together with external partners and stakeholders to implement the statewide plan, including but not limited to:
Contact us to partner with TxDOT to share participation opportunities and stories from TxDOT.