Below are the work flow instructions for the review of shop drawings via email.
1. The Engineer communicates submittal requirements as specified by the 2004 Standard Specifications for Construction and Maintenance of Highways, Streets, and Bridges to the Contractor at or before the preconstruction meeting depending on when the Fabricator is authorized to proceed.
2. The Contractor conveys the requirements to the Fabricator.
3. The Fabricator, or a Detailing Office representing the Fabricator, produces a set of shop drawings in PDF format and emails them to:
4. The Reviewer electronically reviews, approves, stamps, secures and emails the set back to the Fabricator, or the Detailing Office representing the Fabricator, and sends a copy to all other offices. (See below.)
Final Set Recipients:
5. The Fabricator then provides one 11x17 set in hardcopy to the Construction Division, stamped "For Construction Division Inspector," and gives it to the Construction Division Inspector at the fabrication plant.
6. Upon project completion, the District transmits as-built documents to the General Services Division (GSD).
For questions on how and where to send these:
For a list of the drawings to be submitted as part of the as-built, refer to the 2004 Construction Specification Required Shop/Working Drawing Submittals (drawings to be submitted are indicated with a number 6 in the comment column of the chart).
Note: District final working drawings not requiring permanent retention should be maintained in the district as part of the project records, and not submitted with the as-built plans.