Complaint Resolution Process
You may file a complaint with any TxDOT business office. A complaint is an oral or written statement regarding a matter that:
- we have the authority to resolve
- concerns a TxDOT policy, program, procedure, action or operation, or
- concerns an action or operation of a TxDOT employee or contractor
- requests or implies that we respond or take some action
You may file an oral complaint by contacting any TxDOT business office in person or by telephone toll-free at (800) 558-9368 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central Time. You will be automatically connected to the nearest TxDOT district office according to the area code of your phone number. You may also call the TxDOT district office in your area directly.
To file a complaint with a specific TxDOT division or office, please select that division or office from the list to the left.
To submit an Internet complaint, use our Customer Complaint System.
Please include in your complaint
- your name and contact information: either a mailing address, telephone number or e-mail address;
- a statement of your complaint, including any background information or underlying facts; and
- the specific action or measure you are requesting of us.
When we receive your written or electronic complaint, we will:
- promptly assess all complaints within our jurisdiction,
- make every reasonable effort to resolve your complaint
- reply to you by letter or e-mail, advising of the actions we are taking or plan to take to resolve your complaint
- notify you of the status of your complaint at least quarterly until a resolution is provided to you.
When you call, we will try to resolve your complaint promptly. If we need to research your concern, we will either call you back or reply by letter.
Note: The policies and procedures outlined above do not apply to a contested case, a vendor protest of a delegated purchase, a TxDOT employee's complaint governed by TxDOT's Human Resources Manual, a report of a condition on a state highway or a routine inquiry or request for information.