Front view of the new Navarro County Safety Rest Area
IH 45 - Northbound, south of Corsicana
Latitude = 31.9047 Longitude = -96.3832
2 sets of Men's and Women's Restrooms
Air-conditioned lobby and restrooms
Separate Truck and Passenger Parking
Group Picnic Facility
Newly reconstructed facility opened in November 2011; the new design features gabled roofs and deep porches reminiscent of farming and ranching buldings of the regional Blackland prairie, and with architectural details inspired by the site's honey locust and mesquite trees
The county was named Navarro County in honor of José Antonio Navarro, a Texas patriot and a signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence
Old Fort Parker State Historic Site is off State Highway 14 eleven miles south of Mexia in Limestone County. The 37.5-acre park features a replica of the Fort Parker stockade built by Elder John Parker and some of his relatives and friends in 1834. Facilities include picnic and camping areas, a dining hall, restrooms, and showers.
Located in the "Prairies & Lakes" region of Texas. Visit our Texas Highways Magazine to find out interesting places and events happening in this region.