Letting and Bids
In 1925, the Texas legislature passed laws providing the basis for TxDOT’s low-bid process. As a result of this legislation, TxDOT established its low-bid construction and maintenance contract letting process, which includes providing a public notice of the intent to offer work, issuing and receiving proposals, publicly opening bids, determining the apparent low bidder and executing contracts. Here you will find information related to that process.
Preparing to Bid
- Contractor Prequalification
- Letting Schedule
- Plans Online
- Notice to Contractors
- Local Government Projects
- List Showing Order of Bids
- Delayed or Rescheduled Projects
- Proposals Request
- Bid Addenda Information
- Pre-Letting Responses
- Invitations for Bids and Requests for Offers/Proposals
- Special Bid Items
- Bid Proposal Request System - BPRS Registration
- State Let Construction and Maintenance Projects Bidders List
- Local Let Maintenance Projects Bidders List
- Bid Opportunities Program
- Electronic Bidding System (iCX)
- Official Bid Item Index
- Unofficial Bid Item Index
- Checklist for Submitting Bids
- Average Low Bid Unit Price
- Bid Item Code Description Abbreviations
- Search by Control Section Job (CSJ) Number
- Bid Items Index – Excel Converter
- Highway Cost Index
Letting is the official receipt and opening of bids and determination of the apparent low bidder. TxDOT conducts its statewide low-bid construction and maintenance contract letting in Austin on two consecutive days each month. The letting schedule is available for the current and following fiscal year.
A LIVE VIDEO STREAM IS AVAILABLE FOR EACH MONTHLY STATEWIDE LETTING. THE LINK IS POSTED HERE 10 MINUTES BEFORE THE SCHEDULED START.
Special Accommodations: All monthly lettings are conducted in English. If you have a special communication accommodation or need for an interpreter, a request can be made. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can also be made to accommodate most needs. Please contact (512) 416-2500 at least 10 days prior to the scheduled letting, as some accommodations may require additional time to arrange.
Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llame al 512-416-2500. Por favor, envíe solicitudes a lo mínimo 10 días hábiles antes de los días de las licitaciones (letting).
Local lettings may also be hosted virtually. If so, a note will be posted on TxDOT’s FTP site for the specific project along with the link and call-in information. Use this information to listen to or view the reading and openings of the bids.
If you have questions:
- For the statewide letting, contact the Construction Division at (512) 416-2500.
- For a local letting, contact the point(s) of contact listed in the project proposal.