Your and your family's health is important to us. The state’s health insurance plan covers full-time employees and their families after an initial 60-day waiting period.
The Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS) oversees our health-care program and provides in-depth information about your health insurance options.
Other benefits include:
- TexFlex™ spending accounts to use pre-tax dollars for certain medical and dependent care expenses
- Children's Health Insurance Program for income-eligible employees
- 24/7 access for health-related questions through Health Select Nurseline
- Multiple dental plans
- Annual eye exams
- Accrue annual and sick leave every month
- Ability to share sick leave with colleagues
- Optional term life insurance up to four times your annual salary
- Automatic participation in a prescription drug program if health insurance is selected
- Opt-in for discounted short- and/or long-term disability income protection
- Commuter spending account to use pre-tax dollars for eligible parking and transit expenses