Proposed improvements include construction of a new one-way frontage road from SH 173 south through a new entrance ramp to IH 35 south using TxDOT funds.
In a future phase, the remaining portion of frontage road will be built to connect SH 173 with FM 3176. Construction of an IH 35 south exit ramp to FM 3176 is also planned. Second phase plans will require purchase of approximately four acres of right of way with local funds.
The project would also add sidewalk and provide bike facilities within the construction limits on the southbound frontage road.
This project is consistent with the City of Devine's Thoroughfare Plan and is necessary to support economic development in this region and to provide a safe and efficient means of connecting SH 173 to FM 3176.
Funding and Timeline
- Partial frontage road and entrance ramp from SH 173
- Tentative letting August 2013
- Preliminary construction cost of $3.3 million
- Proposition 12 funds
- Remainder of frontage road to connect SH 173 to FM 3176 and exit ramp from IH35 south to FM 3176
- Letting date to be determined
- Preliminary construction cost of $1.5 million
- Funding is City of Devine/local funds
- City of Devine will acquire one parcel, approximately four acres, of right of way needed
Public Information Office
San Antonio District
San Antonio, TX 78229