The scope of this study includes improvements to the FM 270 at FM 518 and FM 2094 intersections, known locally as the five corners intersection in Galveston County.
- FM 270 is currently a four-lane roadway with curbs and gutters
- FM 518 is currently a four-lane roadway with curbs, gutters and raised medians
- FM 2094 is currently a four-lane roadway with curbs, gutters and raised medians
The proposed five corners intersection project consists of the following:
- Construct new turning lanes to create a four-leg intersection at the existing FM 518 and FM 2094 T-type intersection
- Turning lanes from FM 270 would begin 300 feet northwest of FM 518, follow an existing local road, and then curve around the existing gas station to create a four-way intersection at the existing FM 518 and FM 2094
- The new turning lanes would help reduce turning movements and help improve traffic flow at the existing intersection of FM 270 and FM 518
This study is a partnership between TxDOT and the Federal Highway Administration.
TxDOT Houston District
P.O. Box 1386
Houston, TX 77251-1386