||Dunbar Middle School
2901 23rd Street
Dickinson, TX 77539
||Tuesday, July 13, 2010
6 p.m. - Open House
7 p.m. - Public Hearing
||A hearing to discuss the social, economic and environmental effects of the proposed improvements to 8 miles of Farm-to-Market (FM) 646 from Interstate Highway (IH) 45 to Bayshore Boulevard in Galveston County.
Improvements would include
- Widening FM 646 to a four-lane divided roadway.
- Construction of a raised center median from IH 45 to SH 146
- Construction of a center turn lane from SH 146 to Bayshore Blvd.
- The proposed improvements would require approximately 25.6 acres of new right-of-way (ROW) from IH 45 to SH 146. Currently the ROW varies from 100 "“ 120 ft and the proposed ROW required is an additional 32 - 52 ft., depending on the location.
- Approximately 0.42 acres of jurisdictional waters of the U.S., including wetlands, may be impacted by the proposed project, and a USACE Nationwide Permit 14 is anticipated.
TxDOT Public Information Office
Phone: (713) 802-5072