The proposed project would include the following improvements.
- I-35E between Colorado Boulevard and Reunion Boulevard: Convert two reversible HOV lanes under construction to two reversible non-tolled express lanes.
- I-35E between the US 67 and Colorado Boulevard: Full reconstruction of the freeway and frontage roads and associated ramp modifications and intersection improvements to increase the mainlanes from eight to 10 lanes, include two reversible non-tolled express lanes, and increase the number of frontage road lanes from four to four to six lanes.
- US 67 from I-20 to I-35E: Partial reconstruction to widen the mainlanes from four to six lanes and ramp modifications, change the existing two concurrent HOV lanes to one reversible non-tolled express lane within the existing median and ramp modifications.
- Sidewalks and shared use lanes to accommodate vehicles and bicyclists would be implemented along those frontage roads where reconstruction is proposed.
- Dedicated bicycle lanes and sidewalks would be implemented at cross-streets proposed for reconstruction. Due to the lack of recommendations from stakeholders, guidance from trail master plans, as well as safety and operational concerns, pedestrian and bicycle accommodations are not proposed along mainlanes or ramps.
Copies of the approved, final combined EA and FONSI, certification of public involvement and supporting documentation are available for public inspection at:
TxDOT Dallas District Office
4777 E. Highway 80
Mesquite, TX 75150-6643
The project materials are available online at Southern Gateway
under “Stay Involved”.
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 16, 2014, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.