Public Hearings - I-35 Frontage Road and RM 150
||Jack Hays High School Cafeteria
4800 Jack C. Hays Trail
||Thursday, Sept. 8, 2011
6 p.m. - Open House
6:30 p.m. - Presentations
The purpose of the public hearings is to present information on the following proposed improvements:
- The northbound and southbound frontage roads of IH 35 from Farm-to-Market (FM) 1626 to Yarrington Road where the limits extend into the cities of Kyle and San Marcos in Hays County
- Realignment of approximately 0.58 miles of RM 150 East, located in the city of Kyle from the IH 35 northbound frontage road to CR 204/ Lehman Road
Improvements to IH 35 from FM 1626 to Yarrington Road would consist of the following:
- Widening the northbound and southbound frontage roads from two to three lanes.
- Construction of a short section of new southbound frontage road extending from approximately 400 feet north of Cortez Road to its intersection with S. Old Hwy 81, approximately 2,800 feet south of Center Street [RM 150].
- Convert frontage roads from two-way traffic to one-way traffic.
- Existing entrance and exit ramps would be replaced or relocated with associated acceleration and deceleration lanes.
- Realignment of frontage roads and add turn and auxiliary lanes and turn-around bridges
Improvements to RM 150 would consist of the following:
- Provide a continuous roadway from downtown Kyle to rural areas east of IH 35 that provide access to planned development along IH 35.
- Moving the existing intersection of RM 150 East and the IH 35 frontage road to approximately 1,500 feet north
- Approximately 700 feet of the existing RM 150 East that is being realigned would be removed from the state roadway system, remaining open to traffic as a local street, renamed Hill Street.
- The proposed roadway would be a four-lane divided roadway with continuous sidewalks and shoulders.
Phone: (512) 447-5590